This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

RE: Weirdness going on

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok…this is just weird. The other day for no reason my letters "l" and "O" started doing weird things. Let me explain. When I hit small "L" it makes my task bar dissapear and the properties bar on Mozilla browser. In outlook when I hit small cap "L" it causes the cursor to jump down to the very bottom of the page. When I hit capitol "O" it pastes the last thing that I copied. This also happens when I use Word. So…does anyone know what is causing this. I have a Dell inspiron 2200 lap top. thanks Needump
Has anyone else recently had access to your laptop. it is possible to create keyboard shortcuts to programs and functions, using a combination of ctrl, alt, shift, plus a character, number or letter. If you are running XP, the default for keyboard shortcuts is ctrl - alt. If the user only presses the "character" key, then XP will automatically add the ctrl - alt to perform the shortcut function. Somebody goofing with you? I certainly hope not. But if not, this is a strange one to diagnose. You might want to use a can of compressed air to clean the keyboard from the top. Then discover how to release or open the keyboard top of your laptop and clean again, under the keys. Best Regards
If it were my machine and I thought that someone may have set up some shortcuts for their own amusement but at my expense, I'd ask them to sit down and undo them in front of me.

You can learn more about creating shortcuts by reading the Microsoft Knowledge Base and other articles
via google:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc…yboard+shortcut

Please understand that I am in no way stating that this is the only possible cause for your unusual experience with keyboard input.

Hopefully, a much more knowledgeable Member will come along with a more informed response.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI