Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Connecting Sony PSP to internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BobDylan

BobDylan

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:39 AM

Hi - checked everywhere else for detailed help with trying to connect my son's Playstation Portable to the internet but still no success. HAd great luck here before cleaning malware from my PC, so I figured I'd give it a shot. First, my setup: RoadRunner cable to Ambit modem/router, which is connected to an old Gateway PC/ modem by ethernet cable in the basement, then the main PC upstairs is a Dell connected wirelessly via the basement router. The Dell connects excellently to Roadrunner/IE, but after plugging in the IP addresses on the PSP Network Setup, the connection always fails. I'm guessing I need to change a MAC filter on the router, but for some reason I can't connect to the router's website interface via 192.168.0.1 to change any configurations. I'm wondering if Roadrunner has this blocked, but it seems like there's got to be some way to connect the PSP without having to call RoadRunner - which I'm really trying to avoid doing. Any detailed help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 dubz

dubz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

i was able to use the wireless feature of the psp to connect to a lynksys with no problem. i just had enter the WEP key into the PSP.

#3 BobDylan

BobDylan

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

And which WEP key is that?! Not quite sure where to get it from. Thanks.