i was installing the latest version of Itunes package which has Quicktime 7.0.3 in it as well.
The itunes installs fine but when it comes to the Quicktime installation, i get this error..
"Error 1606.Could not access network location QTComponents\."
I hit cancel and it says:
"Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."
the error might have come up when i ignored a warning message that said i need to close all browsers but i was downloading something on firefox so i just went ahead and ignored the warning and continued installation..
I used hijackthis to fix HKCU/Software/microsoft/internet explorer…. and restarted my cpu to see if the error was fixed but it wasnt..
Need help on what to do to fix this problem.. Thank u
I also have this problem and havent been able to resolve it following the above links, i had an earlier version of QT7 and i cannot install the latest one, i get the same error as Vesprit did.
I've cleaned out the registry, examined the HJT log have tried installing QT7 standalone and QT7 with iTunes only to get the same error.I also tried both symnantec tools (even tho i havent had norton on the system for a while) the one for nav 2005 crashed and the one for earlier versions (2002/3) kinda worked but then crashed.
I tried re-installing the windows installer, with success but it didnt help , i can run QT6.5 but it's pretty much obsolete as most trailers etc have to be QT7.
xp pro SP2
any help appreciated,
regards,
buz.
When you have a problem…even though it may be similar to those of others it's always best to start your own thread, as they may actually be caused by different things…and it is confusing to all trying to fix more then one person in the same place.
That said…you have Norton AV…that may be part of the problem…it doesn't play well with others…my advice would be to download a good alternative…I reccommend:
Hi happy,
no, i said i had run the symantec removal tools even tho i hadn't had norton on my system for a while and i didnt make a new thread because the user before me has the exact same problem/error code as me so i thought making a new thread would be redundant.. anywho.. still no resolve to my problem.
I've checked what reg keys im supposed to look at, the .exe setup isnt corrupt, my systems fine, but im confused how it will install iTunes and fail in quicktime [unless they have seperate types of installlers] Even when i try the standalone QT7 setup i get the same result, but not with QT6.5
And quictime alternative doesnt work either.. unless it's meant to run in IE, tho IMO nothing should run in IE..
Hi there,
I still advise you create your own thread…even if you put a link in it to this one…..just that your problem should be treated on its own merits…as displayed by the fact that the fix that helped the person in this thread did not solve your issue
Big Smiles
HS
Actually it did and thankyou, just to let anyone else know i had ran the M$ cleanup utility but didnt notice a entry saying "7.0.2" in fact it was right beside my adobe at the top of the list except my adobe said "adobe updater 7.0.2" i just thought it was a double entry, i'd forgot my old quicktime was 7.0.2
oh well.. live and learn.. thanx muchly all is well…