Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Could not access network location error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dj DHoLa

Dj DHoLa

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

FIrst off i would like to thank you guys for everything you do. I greatly appreciate it!

I had put a post on the malware section and my computer has been cleaned by a moderator of this site here is the topic link:
http://forums.whatth...La_t101560.html

I use Sonic Foundry Acid to make my DJ sets and/or remixes. Every time i try to install the program the same error message comes up saying it "Could not access network location" and when i tried to install my friends Zune so i could put music into it the same error message comes up when i try to install the program. I don't know what to do and the only thing i found out on the Web was that its a registry issue. Im clueless in trying to fix it because i followed the steps on Microsoft's website and it didnt not help the situation at all. Also after recieving a clean post within 4 hours i have gotten two "blue screens of death" which ive had to restart my computer and i really dont know why. The first time was when i came upstairs after dinner and watching tv i saw it had been on the blue screen i just dont know for how long and also just now as i was on facebook the blue screen just popped up. I dont know why that would happen but any ideas?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hi Dj DHoLa, read through your malware thread, wow, you're system, was a mess :lol:

One thing I noticed that I did not see LDTate mention was that you are using or have used a Torrent application. I'm mentioning this just so you are aware that this, as with any P2P program, is one of the main ways computers are being infected.

Did you per chance record the data that was displayed in the blue screen errors? That could be a help in determining what caused them.

As for your problem with Sonic Foundry Acid, are you using the Pro V4 version? If so that's a pricey program and should have excellent support. That is where I think you need to start. If they can't help you or determine that this is a Windows XP problem, then please continue here and we'll do all we can to help.

For the Zune problem, see here, see if anything helps, especially the Microsoft update. http://www.zunmp3pla...-1317-resolved/

Also, please look in Event Viewer and see if any errors are being logged (they will be in RED)

Click Start then Run, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter or click OK

Look in all three categories listed on the left. Double click on any error to look at the details. Use the arrows to move up and down in the events listed. Post the data here. If it's more than a couple, copy the data to notepad and save as a .txt file, then use the Browse and Upload buttons below the message input are to upload the txt file here, then click on the Manage Current Attachments box to paste a link to the upload file so we can look at it.

To copy data to notepad, you first have to copy it to the clipboard. You do this by clicking on the icon of two pages under the up and down arrows on the right side of the window. Then you paste the info into notepad.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Dj DHoLa

Dj DHoLa

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hey so sorry for the late reply i was out of town for some days. As for the Sonic FOundry Acid i am running a trial version to see if its worth the purchase because i have the previous version...I cant even get the trial version open due to the error i have been getting. As for the Zune update that did not work at all I tried to fix it previously and was on that same site. Nothing happened and the error still came up. As for the error log im going to attach the notepad file because there is a whole bunch and i actually got a blue screen of death last night so ill post the error log on the note pad. Thank you so much for the help. Here is the link to the error log from Event Viewer. Lots of them were repetitive so i left them out and just posted one item of the same thing. Attached File  Error_Log.txt   5.74KB   690 downloads

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

The first error logged in Event Viewer indicates bad hardware or device driver, see here: http://en.allexperts...reen-errors.htm

Do you have a Blue tooth device installed? BT drivers are known to cause this kind of error.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown