This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Downloaded modem driver update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Last night I downloaded a driver update from the MS update page (it is a Lucent Win modem, dialup connection). After rebooting, when I tried to connect I got an error 630. I went through the MS troubleshooter but couldn't resolve the problem, but made some discoveries: the modem is on COM3 but my computer does not show a COM3. The computer also said that the port is already open. I have no idea what to do, I've exhausted my limited knowledge base. I'm posting this from work as I can obviously not connect at home.
Go to this page at Driverguide.com and download and install the driver. If you have a problem getting to that particular page.. i.e. it asks for name and password use "drivers" for the name.. and "all" for the password.

If you still have problems after that post back. Also try to remember NOT to uninstall the modem.. if your modem is integrated and you uninstall it.. then you will have a problem on your hands.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI