Reza
Topic Starter
Hi,
I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S265 laptop. It runs Windows XP home edition service pack 3. It has an internal V. 92 modem. I have used my modem to receive faxes connected to a printer/scanner. It has been working fine till recently I realize that my modem is not being detected by fax program. In device manager under Modem menu, there is no modem assigned. Also when I try to add modem manually, as a standard modem, it asks me what port do I want to use? Surprising enough there is no COM port or any other port available to select. As a matter of fact in my device manager I do NOT have any LPT/COM port listed?! I do not know what has happened to my laptop. I have installed modem software from Toshiba recovery CD came with my laptop and have restarted my laptop several times with no luck?! Any suggestion? Is my modem broken? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RA