This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Home...now have modem problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had Windows 98, upgraded it to Windows XP Home edition. Installation went well, wxcept when I was done and tried to go online. My modem, Lucent Win Modem, does not dial out. I mean, you cannot hear it. I've talked to the AOL people who tell me it is an issue with Windows XP and the modem. The Windows XP support had me download and updated driver for the Lucent Win Modem…AGERE PCI 2K which I downloaded, saved to disk, and opened and installed on my computer. Still no luck. The Windows XP support person says I need to get another updated driver. Where? Anybody have any info that can help me? I also have a printer problem….HP that is not working, but I think I can fix that if I can get on the internet. My only other internet connection is here at work and I'm only here during the day. Thanks in advance!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI