Hello Everyone, I'm having the same exact problem
My Computer is an Dell Dimension 3000
Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition Service Pack 3
My Modem is an Arris Tm402g
My Modem is listed under Other Devices with a yellow question mark and ex. mark
I am unable to connect to the internet
Under Network Connections there's no Icon at all
What could this be…..Help
My Computer is an Dell Dimension 3000
Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition Service Pack 3
My Modem is an Arris Tm402g
My Modem is listed under Other Devices with a yellow question mark and ex. mark
I am unable to connect to the internet
Under Network Connections there's no Icon at all
What could this be…..Help
start a new topic for yourself tech help, could be just need to install the correct driver to get the modem working again.. first place i'd start is dell's site to find the driver needed.
I split your post and Jimbo1's off to it's own thread.
Are you using Dal-up or high speed internet? The modem you mentioned says it's a Arris Touchstone Cable Modem and Telephony Modem. The web site has all the drivers. Download what you need from there, see if that helps:
Just go into network properties in the control and right-click and choose disable the wireless connection before it will recognize the ethernet connection.