liviou
Topic Starter
Hi and thanks for your attention,
I just installed a Creative webcam on my XP laptop and now get blue screen of dead each time I plug it (USB).
I initially just plugged the webcam and it took sometime before the led lighted (I guessed windows installed automatically some drivers).
I then installed the Creative software and overwrite the existing drivers. Then it came: BSOD that mentions omcamvid.sys
I therefore think it has something to do with the driver. But I dont even see any cam related device in my Device Manager! And therefore cannot even remove the driver.
I only see a com8 with a yello "!" in front.
Should I delete System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys?
I would appreciate your advice.
Thx
Olivier
I just installed a Creative webcam on my XP laptop and now get blue screen of dead each time I plug it (USB).
I initially just plugged the webcam and it took sometime before the led lighted (I guessed windows installed automatically some drivers).
I then installed the Creative software and overwrite the existing drivers. Then it came: BSOD that mentions omcamvid.sys
I therefore think it has something to do with the driver. But I dont even see any cam related device in my Device Manager! And therefore cannot even remove the driver.
I only see a com8 with a yello "!" in front.
Should I delete System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys?
I would appreciate your advice.
Thx
Olivier