This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with Uninstallation

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After having problems uninstalling a game from my computer, the game's developer's tech support recommended searching for and deleting all files belonging to the game and then running a registry cleanup utility to cleanse the registry of any game files. Is there anyone in the forum who wouldn't mind helping out with the registry cleanup? I don't want to mess up my system. Thanks.

After having problems uninstalling a game from my computer, the game's developer's tech support recommended searching for and deleting all files belonging to the game and then running a registry cleanup utility to cleanse the registry of any game files. Is there anyone in the forum who wouldn't mind helping out with the registry cleanup? I don't want to mess up my system.

Thanks.


Hi Notesetter,

I would not advise a registry cleaner, but I would suggest the two following programs which in one sense are mild registry cleaners along with temporary file cleanup utilites for your system.

HERE and HERE

I suggest the default settings for each or either and see how you go.

Please post back if you need other help and information.

kind regards,

Edit

Please take a look at the following thread HERE which gives you many hints about Registry Cleaners.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI