This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't delete temp files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've got these files in my owner, local settings, temp file that will not allow me to delete them. How can I delete them?
Try booting into Safe Mode to remove them.

To reboot the computer into Safe Mode (tap F8 during bootup, use arrow keys to select Safe Mode, then hit 'enter').


You can also try CCleaner to clean the temp files from your computer.
  • Double click on the file to start the installation of the program.
  • Select your language and click OK, then next.
  • Read the license agreement and click I Agree.
  • Click next to use the default install location. Click Install then finish to complete installation.
  • Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
  • Click Options < Advanced and uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours".
  • Click Run Cleaner to run the program.
  • After it has completed it's process, click Exit.
Caution : It is not recommended to use the 'Issues' tab as it is known to find legitimate items.

Let us know if this works for you.

I've got these files in my owner, local settings, temp file that will not allow me to delete them. How can I delete them? I tried booting in safe mode and had mixed success. I was able to delete all but 2 files, however these 2 files recreate other files over time.

Ok, first, download Hijack This here and then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save your scan to a log file then click here to post your log into a new thread in the "hijack this logs and spyware/malware removal" forum.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI