This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't Delete File

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was using a shareware program (I know it's bad) and I downloaded a file that I can't delete. It's supposed to be a mpg file but it will not play on Windows Media. I've tried to right click and delete but the option isn't there. I also highlighted the item and tried to press delete on the keyboard but that didn't work either. I tried to put the file in another folder so I could delete the whole folder but it won't move either. I don't know what else to do! Can you help me?
Post a HJT Log over into the Malware Removal Forum (not here). We'll take a look at any possible damage the downloaded / undeletable file may be involved with. Then we'll be better able to offer recommendations. Best Regards
Hi Chasity, Ken has completed a reply to you over in the Malware Removal Forum. I am hopeful that his recommendations have been useful to you. Please post back with your status and progress in resolving this problem. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI