This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Has anyone experienced this on computers they are working on and if so, how do you fix this. I am seeing on the average 3 per week come across the desk that have this error lately and wonder what is the cure? I have tried instaling SP2, reinstalling IE6 sp1, cleaning out spyware and viruses; yet, this is still a problem and precludes me from getting these machines onto secure sites including windows updates. Please help, I am becoming frustrated and almost ready to tell people to buy…no not this…a MAC. Save the world from Mac's help me fix this ongoing problem.
This worked for someone else on this forum that couldn't access secure sites:

I believe their OS was XP, so I can't say if this fix is "OS Dependant" or not.

Copy the contents of the following quote box into Notepad:

cd\windows\system32
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
pause

Save it to your desktop as regdll.bat

Now the regdll.bat file. A DOS window will open as these DLL's are being registered.

The "initpki.dll" registration may take a few minutes to complete, so be patient.

When these commands are complete, you'll get this message:

Press any key to continue . . .

Close the DOS window (and all other programs/windows) and restart your machine.

Please let me know if this "does the trick".
:)
I will try this on Tuesday when I am back at the helpdesk to see if this fixes the problem. Then I will post a response, one way or the other, as to what transpired. I appreciate your help and look forward to working with you in the future.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI