Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Internet Explorer error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DragonsBreath_*

Guest_DragonsBreath_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

Has anyone experienced this on computers they are working on and if so, how do you fix this. I am seeing on the average 3 per week come across the desk that have this error lately and wonder what is the cure? I have tried instaling SP2, reinstalling IE6 sp1, cleaning out spyware and viruses; yet, this is still a problem and precludes me from getting these machines onto secure sites including windows updates. Please help, I am becoming frustrated and almost ready to tell people to buy...no not this...a MAC. Save the world from Mac's help me fix this ongoing problem.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

This worked for someone else on this forum that couldn't access secure sites:

I believe their OS was XP, so I can't say if this fix is "OS Dependant" or not.

Copy the contents of the following quote box into Notepad:

cd\windows\system32
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
pause

Save it to your desktop as regdll.bat

Now <double-click> the regdll.bat file. A DOS window will open as these DLL's are being registered.

The "initpki.dll" registration may take a few minutes to complete, so be patient.

When these commands are complete, you'll get this message:

Press any key to continue . . .

Close the DOS window (and all other programs/windows) and restart your machine.

Please let me know if this "does the trick".
:)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 Guest_DragonsBreath_*

Guest_DragonsBreath_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:20 PM

I will try this on Tuesday when I am back at the helpdesk to see if this fixes the problem. Then I will post a response, one way or the other, as to what transpired. I appreciate your help and look forward to working with you in the future.

#4 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

The post where I used it (just in case you wanted to know):

http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=42740
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!