This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

iexplore.exe has generated errors

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When clicking my internet explorer I get the msg "iexplore.exe has generated errors." I can't open up the internet. I can't get on to download another version of IE6 or Safari, Opera or Mozilla. The computer is Win2000 pro and I had version 6. I could uninstall it I guess but can't get on the internet for anything else. What are my options?
How to reinstall IE6

You can also download IE7, or IE8 from the computer you are using to post this thread on and transfer it via flashdrive to the non-working computer.

P.S. For more specific help you need to "quote" the exact error message, not a paraphrase.
Thanks for ur quick response. "This is the entire message:IEXPLORE.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I do have a flash drive available but I don't know where to get the IE. My computer, being an older version of windows, seemed to work better on IE6 vs. IE7.
You're right.. I didn't realize you were running Windows 2000. Only IE6 will run on Windows 2000 as far as I know. A reinstall is your only option. It will require the original operating system install files, either from a disc or files that are already on the computer if you are that lucky. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI