Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

iexplore.exe has generated errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

When clicking my internet explorer I get the msg "iexplore.exe has generated errors." I can't open up the internet. I can't get on to download another version of IE6 or Safari, Opera or Mozilla. The computer is Win2000 pro and I had version 6. I could uninstall it I guess but can't get on the internet for anything else. What are my options?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

How to reinstall IE6

You can also download IE7, or IE8 from the computer you are using to post this thread on and transfer it via flashdrive to the non-working computer.

P.S. For more specific help you need to "quote" the exact error message, not a paraphrase.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for ur quick response. "This is the entire message:IEXPLORE.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I do have a flash drive available but I don't know where to get the IE. My computer, being an older version of windows, seemed to work better on IE6 vs. IE7.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

Stay with IE6 then. Follow appleoddity's link to reinstall IE6.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

You're right.. I didn't realize you were running Windows 2000. Only IE6 will run on Windows 2000 as far as I know. A reinstall is your only option. It will require the original operating system install files, either from a disc or files that are already on the computer if you are that lucky. :)

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.