This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to update from IE6

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I work on a network. I am not the administrator, but I have his cooperation. Some time ago, due to compatability issues with various information sites we used, the company disabled the ability for the clients to update to IE7 from IE6. The way we remember it, we disable all non-critical automatic updates. All the security patches will install, but Service Pack and IE updates will not. Now that the IE7 compatability issues on the outside sites have been remedied, we MUST update to IE7 and IE7 ONLY. (Same sites are still workingout issues with IE8) :pullhair: Now no one can remember how to change the restrictions on updates. I've tried a manual update several times and, after going through the motions (checking system, checking for malicious software, installing, etc) I am receive an error message that IE7 did not install that refers me to a trouble-shooting website. The troubleshooter suggests that the Norton Antivirus is the possible culprit, but the admin doesn't think so. Any suggestions? I am running out of time - have to be on IE7 by 1/1/10! Thanks
Thanks for the response, but we got it figured out. We changed some permissions - added users to Back up Operators, then We needed update KB932823. then we could download and install IE7. Thanks again

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI