This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

joystick problems with joy.cpl

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm using a microsoft Sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick, and am unable to record functions to the buttons. I get this warning when I try: RUNDLL: An exception occurred while trying to run "Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl" Have turned off System Restore, uninstalled the joystick software, rebooted, reinstalled to no effect. Have tried to delete the file c:\windows\system32\joy.cpl to see if the reinstall would work afterwards, but got the same symptoms. This is on a new computer, less than a week old, have installed some Microsoft Office software, the game Pacific Fighters, and the game Thief. Am doing the automatic Windows updates, and get a warning there as well that it was unable to complete an install. There are no Microsoft updates available for the joystick software.
not sure whats going on.. possibly update your chipset drivers if this is a new pc.. I did read that another person had this issue and was able to assign keys in safemode as a work around

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI