Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Need assistance with a failed login

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 comport1

comport1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

What's the best way to get in touch with someone in control of the forums here? I had to create this second acct just to get in here because I'm having a problem with my first one. Just need some assistance/guidance from an Admin or a moderator who can either unlock me or tell me what to do. I have already tried to reset the password - that isn't the problem. Even though I do log in (the system greets me) I try to post a message and it begs me to log in again which I do, I proceed to set up my post or question and as soon as try to "Post New Topic" and the board/forum system says I'm not logged in. I've been through this a couple dozen times now and I'm getting nowhere. I've dumped my internet temp files, cleared cookies/history but I believe that acct is somehow flawed interanlly. I'm hoping a Moderator or Admin will read this an either post the necessary steps here or e-mail me at my registered e-mail address. I'd rather not have two accts set up here and I'm sure the owners would rather me not too!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 dgosling

dgosling

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:15 PM

I am sorry but there is no indication that you have any other account than this one here at Tom Coyote.
Posted Image

#3 comport1

comport1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:58 AM

Sorrry to disagree. I am actually in here - in fact with 3 accounts now. I've written to "HQ" to try and resolve this. No reply yet. I keep getting reset to "Guest" mode even when I log in with this new one. I can't create a new acct everytime I want to use the system. Something's not right with the board.

#4 comport1

comport1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:03 AM

See - apparently it lets me post a reply if I come at it from an e-mail advisory. If I log in as Hoib thru the homepage, it does welcome me as Hoib, sets me up to go, I enter a post and it snaps right back saying I can't do that. Looking at the top of the error pg, I see I'm set to Guest mode, when I know dang well it just welcomed me as Hoib. The same thing is now happening with comport1 - can't log in - except now I see it will let me reply here because I came in via an e-mail advisory link. Can you contact someone to have them look at this? I'm unsure if my note to HQ (as I call it) will get any attention because the only way to get word to you folks was via the TomCoyote Storefront! Hope to hear something soon....

#5 comport1

comport1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

Hello to any Admin or Moderator -- How would someone normally wait for some sort of response on an issue like this? I did send in an advisory via the storefront with no response. And there's nothing coming through on this thread. I really would like my old account name back/reactivated/rejuvenated. I would really rather not have three accounts on this board. Hope to hear something soon.

#6 dgosling

dgosling

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

please give us the usernames of the other accounts
Posted Image

#7 Hoib

Hoib

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

Hoib is one account Whftherb is the second one comport1 is the third. I'd like Hoib back if it's at all possible.