Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

sign in

Best Answer Peter1 , 29 March 2020 - 05:52 AM

Hi TomI was able to login this am.I can only assume that Blair did this for me and I plan to email him after this post.I truly am sorry for all the problems I caused and would like to extend a personal apology for all of this.Thanks for all the help.Peter Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:39 PM

First I would like to apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings.

I never meant to as his was the first forum I ever joined so many years ago and made nice friends here.

Secondly, I am in the forum but never signed out because I don't want to mess up like I did before trying to change my password.

is there someone here who would be nice enough to help do this so I am properly logged in with my own password I try to follow the prompts but got locked out before

Thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:48 PM

It's pretty straight forward.

Click on your name at top right then select My Settings
Select Email & Password at left
Enter Current password then New Password and Confirm New Password
Click Save Change.

There is a note that says:

We will attempt to update your current session after your successful password change. If, however, you do experience difficulties, please try signing out and signing back in before contacting a staff member to help resolve the problem.

WTT11.jpg

WTT12.jpg

WTT14.jpg

• Peter1 likes this

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:01 AM

I was waiting for you to rely and thanks.

I do exactly as you say  but  when done it always says my address is not right. 

Also they sent me a temp and I hope it lets me use it to do so. if you do not hear from me soon you will know I am locked out again.

I hope to write you soon.

I did as you say and only filled the bottom = passwords this time. But the rejection said I must fill in entire form so it was rejected..

Well,I tried to no avail. I did not sign out but still needed to sign in. I will keep the password sent to me as changing it is not working for me. I am sure it is my fault.

Sorry to be a perpetual pain and thanks for your patience. I sound like an echo.

Let's close the book on this issue.

Edited by Peter1, 23 March 2020 - 08:57 AM.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

I'm confused.You have to enter your current password and a new password twice, once in each box as I showed. Using those steps, wht isn't working?

You absolutely have to know your current password. If you don't know that then your DOA.

• Peter1 likes this

Rich

#5 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

Peter,

Based upon what you've said, I'm believing that you clicked on forgot password or something.  The site then sent you a new password.  That is now your new password.  It doesn't matter what it was before that. 

The password that was sent to you is the password you need to enter in the first box.  That is your current password.  Then you enter what you want as your new password into the other two boxes.  The input must be identical.  Capitalization and everything.

I'm sorry, but I cannot change the password for you as I did before.  I no longer have those permissions.  If you cannot figure it out, then you need to get in contact with LDTate, tashi, Blair, or paws.

I believe you can do this on your own.  Just think carefully about what you enter where and why that is what you should enter.

• Peter1 likes this
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#6 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:38 AM

Tom

I did click on forgot password and a site said I am unable to do this.

Below is the best summary I can give the forum. I will wok on this alone and not keep filling the thread with more posts.

I went to the site that allows for password change. I copied the password sent to me

After signing I tried to change my password. On the top where there is address it says my email address on TOP of the box However WITHIN the box the address is my user name by default.  It also says you can do address OR password.

I enter the password sent me in the current password box and enter two new passwords beneath; one which is the password and the second to confirm.

I have tried deleting the address and also tried leaving it as the default although it is my user name and says it should be my email address.

I tried a new browser.

I can use the forum but if I sign out I cannot sign back in. The replies vary: 1-key invalid 2-invalid password  3-both fields or full page must be filled  in, etc etc.

I have been in touch with TomK and written to Brian. I have spoken with Rich

Apologies for consuming so much time and resources.

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:26 PM

Peter, are you willing to do a TeamViewer connection? Maybe Tom or I could connect and walk through the change password process. Call first so we could talk while doing this and maybe figure out what is going on.

Tom would probably be the better choice but if not I'm certainly willing to give it a try.

Got lots of time now :D

• Peter1 likes this

Rich

#8 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

@Ztruker,

Blair has responded to Peter via PM and offered to help him.

@Peter1

The confusing thing is the fact that you are able to post here means that you do sign in.  You also seem to think you are being blocked somehow.  You are not.   If you can sign in, you must know your password.  And it's your prerogative, but why are you so gung-ho on changing your password again?

Bottom line is your best bet is to respond to Blairs PM and he can help you by changing it for you.

• Peter1 likes this
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#9 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

@Tom and Rich

1- I go to a site that allows me to reset a password;that is how I get in. However when I leave, whether I sign out or not, I have to go through the process again.

2- Blair has gratefully said he would assist me when he has time. I heard from him a couple of days ago.

3 @Rich - If things do not work out with Blair, I would be very happy to call you to arrange a Team Viewer - I have done it before.

I will wait out of courtesy to see if Blair writes to me rear he said.

If I do not hear from him, I will call you.

When I leave the site even if 'remembered' and not signed out, I have to go through the process all over  again.

Thanks for the support guys - I'll be in touch.

#10 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:30 PM

Tom and Rich

I thought this inconsistency was important to impart. 

Everywhere on WTT my user of nowellp is accepted. However, when I was given a key to sign in with my user it said my user is not recognized.

This is another example of inconsistencies. If it does not recognize nowellp as a user in the system, could it be I am not in the system.  I will not be able to write back unless I go through the 20 minute back door so please accept this as an example of a ?glitch.

Peter

PS Rich - the only password I have is the one I always used and the one the system generates. I don't know if that will work with Team Viewer but if necessary I am very willing to try.

Let us give Blair a chance to see what he can do, OK? I cannot write back now.        

Edited by Peter1, 28 March 2020 - 04:30 PM.

#11 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

Peter,

Again, I'm confused.  You stated above that Blair offered to help you but you haven't heard from him in a couple of days.  You PM'd me and I said I would add Blair to the conversation.  He responded to that PM yesterday.  so far you have not responded to him... unless you've started some new conversation, but Blair responded about 25 hours ago with no reply from you.

• Peter1 likes this
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#12 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:52 AM   Best Answer

Hi Tom

I was able to login this am.

I can only assume that Blair did this for me and I plan to email him after this post.

I truly am sorry for all the problems I caused and would like to extend a personal apology for all of this.

Thanks for all the help.

Peter

#13 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:32 AM

We're all glad you got it sorted Peter.  There is nothing to apologize for.  You were having a problem, you asked for help.  That's pretty much what we are here for.  In this case Rich and I were unable to help you but it sounds like bigger guns got it handled.  Again, that's kind of how it is supposed to work.

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#14 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:05 AM

Blair, thank you for your thoughtful help. I really appreciate it. It is so nice to click and enter my 'go to' forum.

Tom, you have been there from the beginning and your patience is really appreciated.

Rich, you are used to me by now - thank you also. :)

#15 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:04 PM

Stay safe all. Chat again soon I hope.

Rich