This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 98

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an issue that I am trying to resolve for a family member. He has Win 98SE. The issue is that when he goes to shutdown the computer, it closes programs as normal (as far as I can tell), but when it gets to what looks like a old custom logoff screen, it just hangs there and will not shut off until he forces it to by pressing the power button. I know the system is clean as I did a sweep and clean maint with a lot of programs ( CCleaner, Ad-Aware, Spybot, virus scans etc,etc). It is probably something simple and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.. Thanks, Wax
Thanks to all that helped. The answer was as simple as downloading the Windows 98 Second Edition Shutdown Supplement, Worked like a charm… Thanks, Wax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI