This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Windows 98se Wont Shut Down Properly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have windows 98SE and lately it hasnt been shutting down properly, when i go to shut down it comes to the screen where it says windows 98 is shutting down, but it doesnt shut down it just restarts :scratch:
Do have all the latest updates for 98..? The updates should take care of that. If so then you might try a tweaking program .. like FreshUI..FreshUI will let you auto-end app's that hang on shut down
no i dont have the latest updates for 98, umm i was told that this could be happening because of sumthing i downloaded recently… could that be it? :scratch:
I have this problem occasionally with Win 98 SE. What I have discovered is that, for some reason, a certain program or programs will take extra time to close down beyond when they appear to be closed. My Poco email does this sometimes as do a couple of utility programs I have. Once I discover which ones cause this, I just allow those programs a few extra moments to fully shut down and the problem is solved. SandiB