Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Just Wanted To Say Hi... I'm New.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yayasmurf

Yayasmurf

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Writing True Crime and Computers

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

I found this site while trying to help fix my sisters computer... (which I'm am still working on). I have done some reading here and plan to do a lot more! I admire the work you do here. It is great to have a place to go for help.

I can't imagine my computer being down... as it is my lifeline to my son, who is deployed right now to Afghanistan. We keep intouch via email. So the sections on securing your computer were great for me. I have taken the advice to heart and changed many of my settings. I was greatful for the information. I am somewhat computer literate and love learning HTML but when it comes to hijackers and fixes I have everything to learn.

So, I hope you don't mind me just hanging out and scooping up some of the braincells you guys so generously throw around.

Thanks for the use of your excellent brain power!
Yaya :wavey:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

Hi and welcome :wavey:

#3 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

We are always happy to find a person interested in learning :D

There are some interesting tutorials here if you are interested:
http://www.bleepingc.../tutorials.html
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#4 Yayasmurf

Yayasmurf

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:33 PM

:wavey: Again wng_z3r0 ! Thanks for the link... I will definetly go there and spend some time reading. If you think of any more good tutorial links please let me know. I don't mind the reading! Yaya

#5 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

If you are really interested, you can join the classroom here.
It is a great place to learn about spyware and how to remove and prevent it. To register, go here and follow the steps: http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421

I can also give you links of tutorial sites.... just gotta remember where they are first

wng
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#6 Yayasmurf

Yayasmurf

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:35 PM

:wavey: wng_z3r0,

I don't think I am ready to apply for the classroom! I wish! Maybe after being here for a year or two I may feel confindent enough for that. Although I did go there and check it out. I was hoping to go there and get in on it so I could learn but after reading it seemed to be for more advanced students. I will go back when I feel I have paid my dues here at the forum.

I spent two days here reading before I made my first post. I hate it when people don't read the rules and find out important things they should know about the forum before posting. The moderators here did not spend all that time posting the information just to have people ask the same question 50 times a day... and have to re-route their post to the proper location. :blink:

By the way... I haven't left the

http://www.bleepingc.../tutorials.html

Link since you sent it! It's great!!! There is enough stuff there to last me awhile. But I will still take any links you think are good.

Thanks for the help and advice ;)