This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Just Wanted To Say Hi... I'm New.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi Everyone,

I found this site while trying to help fix my sisters computer… (which I'm am still working on). I have done some reading here and plan to do a lot more! I admire the work you do here. It is great to have a place to go for help.

I can't imagine my computer being down… as it is my lifeline to my son, who is deployed right now to Afghanistan. We keep intouch via email. So the sections on securing your computer were great for me. I have taken the advice to heart and changed many of my settings. I was greatful for the information. I am somewhat computer literate and love learning HTML but when it comes to hijackers and fixes I have everything to learn.

So, I hope you don't mind me just hanging out and scooping up some of the braincells you guys so generously throw around.

Thanks for the use of your excellent brain power!
Yaya :wavey:
:wavey: Again wng_z3r0 ! Thanks for the link… I will definetly go there and spend some time reading. If you think of any more good tutorial links please let me know. I don't mind the reading! Yaya
:wavey: wng_z3r0,

I don't think I am ready to apply for the classroom! I wish! Maybe after being here for a year or two I may feel confindent enough for that. Although I did go there and check it out. I was hoping to go there and get in on it so I could learn but after reading it seemed to be for more advanced students. I will go back when I feel I have paid my dues here at the forum.

I spent two days here reading before I made my first post. I hate it when people don't read the rules and find out important things they should know about the forum before posting. The moderators here did not spend all that time posting the information just to have people ask the same question 50 times a day… and have to re-route their post to the proper location. :blink:


By the way… I haven't left the

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorials.html

Link since you sent it! It's great!!! There is enough stuff there to last me awhile. But I will still take any links you think are good.

Thanks for the help and advice ;)