Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Aim Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lhouzhou01

lhouzhou01

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

Hi, i'm hoping someone can help me with this problem, i've looked at other forums for an answer but it seems a bit confusing. So i have the new version of AIM (5.9), but ever since i've had it, it's been signing on and off by itself every half an hour or so, and it's really annoying 'cause i disconnect even in mid conversation. i've tried to uninstall and reinstall AIM, i've tried using an older version but unfortunately the folks at AIM doesn't know the concept of backward compatibility so i can't send files to people with a newer version or direct connect to them or download anything from them, i've tried using an old version and then updating it, i've tried uninstalling and using CrapCleaner to clean up my comp, then reinstalling AIM. I've ran antivirus, spypot, adaware, nothing has fixed the problem. there's a possibility that it might be the router i'm behind, but i've never had this issue with any other AIM version, and i had the router back then. And my roommate is behind the router also and he doesn't have the same problem. so i don't know what's going on, if anyone can help me with this problem or help point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. O, i've tried using Gaim and trillian, but those just don't sit well with me...the interface is confusing and i can't send or receive files from other people(don't know why), so i wanna have to use that as a last last resort.

Advertisements

Register to Remove