This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AOL Instant Messenger Logs Me Off?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, i have a problem with AIM. When i log in my screen name, it shows my buddy list for 3 secs, then logs off. I've had this before, but it showed an option to enable plugins or disable. I clicked disable and it worked. Now, there is a new AIM version and now it still has the problem, yet it doesn't show enable or disable plugins. I signed into other accounts, worked fine. What is the problem? Thanks.
By chance, could your AOL account been logged on on another computer? Try asking a friend of yours to check it for you. If it does get logged on, I suggest you change the password and give it a try.
No, i did not give my password to my friend. I changed the pw form the AIM site, and it still logs me out. Weird.
Have you tested by logging in on another computer? If it's fine. All I could suggest is that you try to ask for help in the malware section.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI