This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AIM error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When i run my aol instant messenger it logs in just fine. But when i click on someones name to start a conversation a error pops and says it has to close. I click on the details of the error and it gives me this: Error signature AppName: aim.exe AppVer: 5.9.3702.0 ModName : kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00009e9c I can not instant message anyone it happens every single time. I have tried my adaware remover, spybot s&d, PC Rescue 2.0, and have re-installed aim, and made sure it had access through my firewall. One person said that if you have two copies of kernel32.dll on your computer it would do this error and i did have two copies so i deleted the one that was not in C:\Windows\System32. I have no clue what to do, i just want to be able to instant message again. If you have any help i would appreciate it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI