Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can Anyone Help Me Troubleshoot My Sound Card?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sweets2476

Sweets2476

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:34 PM

Hey everyone! I'm having some serious problems with my sound card over here. I have an Asus P4SDX motherboard that SUPPOSEDLY has an integrated sound card, but it doesn't seem to be working. We're talking no headphones, no speakers, NOTHING. I downloaded and installed the AC97 sound drivers and it's STILL not working. Windows Media Player gives me an error that says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly." I've tried Microsoft's troubleshooter, too, and it didn't tell me anything that I hadn't already tried. I may be in the totally WRONG place to be asking this question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you can't help but can recommend somewhere that COULD help me, that would be great, too! I'm new to this whole taking care of my own computer thing b/c I'm off at college now and it's really starting to frustrate me...someone PLZ help! *Totally Clueless*

Advertisements

Register to Remove