This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No sound on my computer, help!

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The sound on my computer hasn't been working for some time, and I'd like to get it fixed. It first stopped working when I downloaded Windows 7, originally having Window XP. I'm not sure if it's just because the Sound Card isn't compatible with Windows 7 or what. Please help! I'll try my best to specify whatever needs to be and get this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!
Need some information before we can help. Make and model number of the computer. Open Device Manager. Are there any yellow marks, especially by Sound? Did you run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor before upgrading to Windows 7?
There are yellow marks by "Multimedia Audio Controller" and "PCI Input Device". Not sure about the Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser, as it was quite awhile ago when I got Windows 7. And the computer is a custom-built, so I'm not sure what I'd give you for the make and model.
Still need Make and model number of the computer. Looks like you need a driver for your Audio and Touchpad (if this is a laptop).
Don't know exactly what to put. But I went into Msinfo32 and found these. System Manufacturer: 945P System Model: IL9 Pro System Type: X86-based PC If this is not what you're looking for, please specify what it is and how to find it. Not the most tech-savvy being.
Is this a laptop? Look on the computer, top, bottom, sides, back. See what is there. Who is the manufacturer? The info you provided appears to be for the motherboard.
No, it is a PC Desktop. It says nothing of it's brand/model or anything on any of the sides. It is a custom-build desktop so I expected that. I'm guessing I'll have to open up the computer to find that, correct?
Install and run Belarc Advisor. Post the following info from there please (this is what mine looks like):

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)

System Model
Dell Inc. Precision WorkStation 370
System Service Tag: 86Q9771 (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number: 86Q9771
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower

Processor a
3.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Hyper-threaded (2 total)

Main Circuit Board
Board: Dell Inc. 0M3849
Serial Number: ..CN4811151501D0.
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A08 07/07/2006

Multimedia
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

It first stopped working when I downloaded Windows 7, originally having Window XP


Where did you download Win7 from?

Piratebay. I'm guessing it doesn't work because it's probably not a clean copy of Windows 7.
And Ztruker I'll post that log in a bit.

Operating System new – server roles
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 9/6/2011 4:55:09 PM

System Model
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded Board: www.abit.com.tw IL9 Pro 1.X
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080012 10/27/2006

Multimedia
None discovered
We here at WTT will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs or services illegally. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.


This thread has been reported to the Admin Staff and will be closed.
If you have any questions about the TOU please contact a Global Moderator or Admin for clarification.
PandaManda. If your copy of Windows is illegal then as rshaffer 61 has said, we cannot assist you other than to recommend that you uninstall it immediately. A legal licenced copy of Windows can then be purchased and installed, or alternatively there are different operating systems that may be installed…. Linux for example is free and may suit your purpose. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI