This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Back Up Your Favourites

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

For Firefox:

Click Bookmarks at the top of the screen and select Manage Bookmarks… to open the Bookmarks Manager. Now, select File and choose Export… then choose a location to save them.



In Firefox 2.0, the words "Manage Bookmarks" have been changed to "Organize Bookmarks"



Also, please note that it is possible to backup your Firefox Profile(s) by following the clear directions provided by Mozilla:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile


Mozilla Firefox stores all your personal settings, such as bookmarks, passwords and extensions, in a profile. The profile is stored on your hard drive in a profile folder.


Where to find your profile, how to prepare the files for backup, how to copy and restore the info are all outlined in this article.
Good to see others consider this a problem. In 1999 I started building a Desktop Search Engine. I just recently made a change to allow me to archive my Favourite URL's It was a pretty simple change but needs a little more work. The search allows me to catalogue pictures. One line has the search information and the next line has the path to the picture. I made a change where the second line contains the url. Instead of displaying the picture I make the URL the default in an input box. Then copy and paste that to my browser. (I tried to put it in the clipboard but had no luck) But this works well enough. Currently I have my "internet news" and "trapline" posts archived. I can easily move from computer to computer with all my important information in hand.


For Firefox:

Click Bookmarks at the top of the screen and select Manage Bookmarks… to open the Bookmarks Manager. Now, select File and choose Export… then choose a location to save them.



In Firefox 2.0, the words "Manage Bookmarks" have been changed to "Organize Bookmarks"



Also, please note that it is possible to backup your Firefox Profile(s) by following the clear directions provided by Mozilla:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile


Mozilla Firefox stores all your personal settings, such as bookmarks, passwords and extensions, in a profile. The profile is stored on your hard drive in a profile folder.


Where to find your profile, how to prepare the files for backup, how to copy and restore the info are all outlined in this article.


Thanks for that