This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Back Up Your Favourites

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

This is a relatively simple operation and invaluable if anything goes wrong. To back up your favourites using Internet Explorer, go to File > Import and Export. The Import/Export wizard will open and all you need to do is follow the instructions and Export a back up of your favourites to another location on your hard drive or even better, to a second hard drive. The exported folder can also be saved to disk. You can import your favourites into Internet Explorer in the same way.
Good idea…backups are a computer's best friend.

That tip would be good for using this program:

http://home.comcast.net/~sgould4567/cleanup/download.html

As it can delete the Favorites and Cookies if the user is not careful. *;-)

But a darn good program. I saw Hansie was recommending it and I took a look. Pretty cool freeware.

Texruss
Classroom Teacher Tom Coyote Forum
http://russelltexas.com
Poster agrees to my disclaimer before taking my advice:
http://russelltexas.com/malware/disclaimer.htm
If you get help here consider a donation: http://tomcoyote.com/donate.php

This is a relatively simple operation and invaluable if anything goes wrong.  To back up your favourites using Internet Explorer, go to File > Import and Export.  The Import/Export wizard will open and all you need to do is follow the instructions and Export a back up of your favourites to another location on your hard drive or even better, to a second hard drive.  The exported folder can also be saved to disk.
You can import your favourites into Internet Explorer in the same way.

63488


Done that.Many thanks Nellie2.

Some time ago, I started placing shortcuts to antispyware website pages 0n the taskbar. I have now forgotten how this is done.Could you possibly advise please ?

Dowitcher 6

This is a relatively simple operation and invaluable if anything goes wrong.  To back up your favourites using Internet Explorer, go to File > Import and Export.  The Import/Export wizard will open and all you need to do is follow the instructions and Export a back up of your favourites to another location on your hard drive or even better, to a second hard drive.  The exported folder can also be saved to disk.
You can import your favourites into Internet Explorer in the same way.

63488


Done that.Many thanks Nellie2.

Some time ago, I started placing shortcuts to antispyware website pages 0n the taskbar. I have now forgotten how this is done.Could you possibly advise please ?

Dowitcher 6

145666


Belay there. I have discovered the method.

Dowitcher 6
Thanks for the great tip nellie2. I saw this thread a few months ago and I have been exporting my favourites regularly since then :thumbup:
For Firefox:

Click Bookmarks at the top of the screen and select Manage Bookmarks… to open the Bookmarks Manager. Now, select File and choose Export… then choose a location to save them.