This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Telegram for Desktop less than perfect

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In x32Win10ProV22H2, Telegram for Desktop is a wonderful communication application that I would not swap for another; however there are two irritations which I would like to be removed. It involves disabling the tools for Attachments and for Emojs. These tools are at the left and right ends of the text-entry bar. The reason I want them disabled is not just because I personally have no use for them, but because I am constantly activating them inadvertently, and then having to close the unwanted opened windows. The publishers, who update the app EXTREMELY frequently, should be the ones to give me the advice I need, but they are unresponsive to any kind of user input, so I appeal to help-forums instead.

With help from forums I have discovered that I do not need to bring the mouse near either the Attachment or Emoji tools; clicking ANYWHERE (else) in Telegram enables text entry, and sending can be done by a keystroke. So I do not need to disable those two tools for Attachments and Emojis.

Telegram fixed the attachment tool so that grazing it with the cursor no longer opens its panel. The emoj tool can be fixed by Hamburger;Settings;Advanced;Experimental Settings, right at the bottom has 'Show Emoji/Stickers/GIFs panel only after a click.'

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI