SOMETIMES only, Telegram Desktop turns an image-pasting from the Windows Clipboard into an attachment. Usually it does not, and all is well, but at times, it stubbornly refuses to follow its usual excellent routine. Closing and re-opening telegram does not fix the problem. It seems to occur (most ?) when the image is of only 1 line of text.
I want to find out what is different at that time and/or remedy it. I have tried often and in different ways to consult the publishers, the Helpdesk and its forum without getting a response. I run x32Win10ProV20H2
I never used that app so I am afraid I am unfamiliar with it. But if me, I would totally uninstall Telegram, reboot, then download the latest version and install it again.
Also, since you said this only happens some times, I would try to paste that image into something else too - like a Word document, just to make sure the image appears properly there.
The program is constantly updating itself so i am reluctant to uninstall and re-install. The suggestion to try and paste elsewhere when Telegram fails to paste, is an excellent one I will most certainly try.
The program is constantly updating itself so i am reluctant to uninstall and re-install.
I see no reason frequent updates should matter, or be cause for reluctance.
Just looking at the version history, yes, there have been a few "minor" updates in the last 6 months, but constant? Nope.
And for sure, when those updates occur, they are "minor" fixes, not total rewrites. So if some corrupt file is causing your problem, it could be none of those updates affect that file.
Also, if you really are seeing the program trying to update itself more than just a few times over the last six months, maybe that is part of the problem - perhaps the updater is corrupt. So again, my advice stands. I would uninstall, reboot, then re-install.
Then I would disable the auto-updater too. You don't need that running full time, eating up resources.