This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

How to disable emojs in Telegram Desktop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I do not use emojs, but they are forever being triggered accidentally by my mouse movements - and I have to cancel them to be able to read the comment I am responding to.  I have asked the question in Telegram, but Telegram never answers questions.

Never heard of that program but after some searching have learned a little about it. But I cannot find where to disable this feature. Unless someone else comes along who uses this, I can only suggest you work your way through the various options menus and look for something that says "emoji auto-complete" or "auto-conversion" or something similar.

 

Note the closest thing I found was this about adding emoji autocomplete. It seems if you can add it, you should be able to remove it.

Thank you - that is a helpful start. The thread in "this", mentions the annoyance that I am complaining about. It good to find a like-minded someone else.

Sorry I could not be of further help. If you find a solution, please post it back here so others may benefit from your efforts too.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI