This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox library is blank and just an icon

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My Firefox in x64Win10ProV21H1 would not open the functional window that I expect after clicking on 'Show All Bookmarks'; eventually I used Revo Uninstaller to remove it, and installed Firefox v89. Since that did not fix the problem, I used Revo again to uninstall it, and also deleted all the Firefox entries that RegScanner found in the Registry. Some 10 entries resisted deletion – most related to Avast. Another re-install improved the situation in no way. Launching Firefox in Safe Mode (by holding SHIFT down) does no better. Is there a solution to this ?

What exactly do you see when you select Show All Bookmarks? Does a window called Library open? If yes then all you should have to do is open up the SAB and you will see arrows on the left hand side… next to those area you mentioned… just click on an arrow and that area will either expand or collapse just like Windows file manager does.

 

Above found here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2897123

After clicking 'Show all bookmarks', I get a 'ghost' icon in the TaskBar' labled Library, 'under' the Firefox icon - it shows NO content. Normally clicking on a TaskBar icon opens it to full screen, but that does not work here.  I'm not familiar with SAB, so the mentioned arrows are wanting.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI