Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox went crazy on me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ezpkns34

ezpkns34

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

The other day I tried to edit a bookmark, but when I right-clicked it nothing happened. I restarted Firefox & tried again, but again nothing happened when I right-clicked the bookmark. I tried right-clicking other bookmarks & still nothing

So, I took to Google & found a Mozzila support question about this & it listed a fix. All I had to do was click the refresh button listed under that fix. So I did & FF obviously closed down & then restarted

However, when it restarted, all my add ons were gone along with my previous settings. I went ahead & got the first few add ons I could think of & made a few settings changes back to how I preferred it (mostly swapping the default white background with black text to black background with white text b/c that is sooooo much easier on my eyes)

Anyway, the newly downloaded add ons said I needed to restart for them to finish being installed, so I did

When Firefox restarted, however, it was upgraded to the latest version of FF (I quite sure I had been using either v31 or v38, but for the life of me I can't remember which). I really dislike this new version for multiple reasons and want to switch back to an old version

I now have a folder on my desktop labeled "Old Firefox Data" but I don't know if FF made that folder when I refreshed or when it automatically upgraded to the new version

Basically, I'm asking if to go back to an old version of FF can be done by just DLing that version off of Mozilla's site & installing it or if I need to uninstall the current FF first? Also, could I copy & paste the stuff in the Old Firefox Data folder to a current folder somewhere to bring back all the add ons & settings I originally had? If so, where?

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:46 AM

You would most likely need to uninstall the current version first. But I would advise against this idea. It is always best to keep your browser(s) fully updated for security reasons alone.
kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────