This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox Taskbar Icon

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So for some reason on my new windows 7 system firefox keeps losing its icon for the taskbar… I've tried reinstalling FF and even actual .exe under the program files is missing the icon too?

What gives?
Scott

—————————————————————-
ScottSoapbox.com
Hi Scott,

This is not a solution, but may provide a hint or tip for you to explore.
It is just a promo/how-to video, but it is produced by one of the leading expert writers available (and one of my favorites)
Ed Bott:
http://cnettv.cnet.com/windows-7-demo-task…3-50077574.html

Sorry I don't have a precise "fix" as yet. I'll continue researching

Doug

p.s. cool soapbox site
Is that you hollering in the background as the space shuttle lifts off?
Apparently many users of the most recent version of Firefox have had this problem (3.5.3 had no such problem)

A "fix" and maybe the one that will work for your machine, is posted here:
http://www.heerengandhi.com/2009/07/29/fir…comment-page-1/

It involves rebuilding the Windows 7 Icon Cache.

I don't have a box running Windows right now, so I haven't "test driven" the fix.
therefore - Use at your own risk.

but the procedure looks clean and intuitively accurate.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI