Hello,
I have a user pc, that will not allow me to save my password into the dial up box. The password save option is grayed out. I can log off and log back in and this option opens up. I have searched and removed all the etries in *.pwl. I am stumped on this issue, and suggestions would be greatful. again this is windows 98SE.
Thank You,
TGAR
In control panel, click on "Internet Settings"(or internet options) and under the connection tab, highlight the dial up connection and click on the settings button. (its been awhile since ive been on 98 so bare with me) There some where it will/should ask you if you want this connection to available to all users or just you or whatever. Make sure its checked to be available or to be used for ALL users and see if that dont fix it.
Doest have anything under internet options/ connection tab/ dial up connection/ settings that pertains to logging in. I thought myself earlier the same but am unable to find it. Been a long time 4 me too.
Its there… is there an "advanced" button or tab AFTER you click on the "settings" button?
If not then when you open the connection to dial.. there should be an advanced tab or button or an options button there.. is there.? And .. if you will write the number down its calling to connect.. then you can simply delete that connection and I will walk through setting up a new one.
I have already deleted the connection and set it up from scratch, still didnt solve. I think it may have something to do with the users, but cant figure it out. I can l;og out and log in as users son, and the save password option in the dial up box is available. Then if I reboot it automatically boots in as user, the the option is grayed out. User can get online, he just has to log off an back in everytime. I was trying to resolve this 4 him. It is a strange problem, I am a tech myself, but have never seen this exact issue. I have checked all options in those properties, I still have not seen anything that resembles the connection being available to all users? Thanks 4 trying! sometimes 2 heads are better then 1,,,lol
Well.. its there.. i promise.. cant remember for sure though how to get to it. The only other thing it could be (aside from spyware/malware) is that the user "user" has limited options.. you might check that