This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Reformatted HP Laptop and windows 10 not updating

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I recently reformatted my HP Laptop with the recovery usb and after installing and updating windows I think there are pending updates that won't download.

I used a windows troubleshooter tool which restarts the update services and it tells me there are pending updates but windows10 tells me no updates are available.

I think my windows 10 install did not install properly and may be corrupt.

Any help appreciated.

Where did you get the recovery USB? By reformatted, do you mean you did a Clean Install which included formatting the partition during the install?

 

I suggest redoing the install, but follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Hi Ztruker,

I purchased the recovery usb from HP it is specifically for my laptop with all drivers/software etc.

I done a clean install including reformat.

I recently ran sfc scannow and dism and both found no errors and my laptop is running ok but everytime I run windows update troubleshooter from inside windows 10 it fixes three services and says there are pending updates.

When I go to windows update though it finds no updates and tells me its up to date.

Hi Ztruker,

Yes it is this build.

January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192)

 

Apologies for wasting your time.

I ran the windows update troubleshooter after the os was reformatted and it kept telling me updates pending but windows update itself said no updates needed when checking via settings.

I have not heard of any way to correct that mis-reporting other than a reinstall and it's not worth doing that. If I do come across a way to fix this I'll post the info back here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI