This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

windows update 10-07-14

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Neither the desktop nor the laptop can get Windows updates. I got one update with the laptop then it reverted back to the same behavior which is perplexing. I have taken the necessary steps so far like SFC, trouble shooter etc. but tend to think it is MS.

Does anyone have a comment about this before I go any further with restore or image?

What OS?

 

Are you using Windows Update from the Control Panel or via Automatic Updates?

 

It may very well be due to the Windows 10 Tech Preview as it's putting a huge load on the MS servers.

Hey Rich

I use Win 8.1 and ask to be advised. Occasionally I click to check for updates.

It is working as of Tuesday Oct 7th around noon.

I was not aware of the server issues you mention so thank you.

Peter

You asked:

"What happens if you use Control Panel, Windows Updates then Check for Updates?"

 

I do that and have selected to ask me before downloading or installing.

 

It seems that day, Windows had a problem because friends in Europe were 'fixed' before me and I was eventually adjusted.

 

I have been busy with my Galaxy S5 so have been remise with the pc.

 

>The edit is to tell you I should have used Chrome for this site and not MSIE 11 which has trouble here hence the font.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI