This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Losing Keypunch (cursor) right in the middle of typing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have windows 10 with all the latest updates.  Lately I have been typing away in my email program, Msoft word, excel, and other locations only to lose the ability to continue typing.  A bit more detail … I might type "detail", but hesitate on between the e and the t; that's all it would take to lose my cursor.  The cursor would no longer be noticeable behind the e.  I have to use my mouse and click behind the e; sometimes more than once to be able to continue to type tail.  I would appreciate knowing what this is and how to help with this.  Thanks,

Give us some info to go on.

 

Desktop or Laptop?

What is the make and full model number of the computer?

USB or Wireless mouse and keyboard?

 

How does it behave if you boot to Safe Mode with or without networking?

This is a Dell Inspiron 15" laptop, model no XPS-L502X.  I use a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500, Model #1427, keyboard built into the laptop.  When in Safe Mode the typing doesn't seem to be affected at all.

This is an update.  I went to the topic "SLOW COMPUTER" and read all the various programs you tech fellas ask us to download and run on our computers.  I did that and after about an hour and a half, not only did I get a faster computer performance, but the typing is there again … just like it used to be.  Thanks so much.  I'm appreciative of all you helpers. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI