This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

My name is James and I am running Windows 8.1. I have always cared for my laptop and kept it up  to date. Recently I decided to create a patched version of Windows 8.1. I received an error, claiming my Kernel is out of date, I looked into it and my Kernel Driver is 3 years out of date, it claims that the only way to update it - is to perform windows updates. I am honestly lost on what to do, as I need to update my Kernel Driver ASAP, however my laptop is completely up to date.. Or so it says?

- James.

:welcome:   Jumzanto,

 

 Recently I decided to create a patched version of Windows 8.1.

 

 

Not sure what you mean by the above, can you explain please.

 

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI