http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…18435&st=90
Unfortunately i haven't been online much over the last few months due to being busy and having a few personal problems. I'm not sure if i should have tried to get the above thread reopened or start a new one. Considering this is now just a windows problem i thought a new thread was the best way to go.
I checked for updates "4 important updates are available and 2 optional updates" also says 3 important updates selected
I've tried installing the windows update but i've just run into problems. part way through installing it stops
Error(s) found:
code 643 windows update encountered an unknown error. Get help here {clickable link} Windows help and support pops up
WindowsUpdate_00000643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
1. 1 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates {clickable link}
Then this
I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed.
If the following questions don't address the problem, you can learn more about what happened and what to do next by reviewing any error messages that are displayed in Windows Update.
Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
If an error has occurred, it will be displayed with an error code that you can use to search online for help.
Did you accept the Microsoft Software License Terms? Install the update again and review and accept the license terms.
Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
Review any error messages.
If an error message about license terms or cancelled updates is displayed, click Try again, and then wait until you are prompted to review the license terms.
Accept the license terms, and then wait to see if the update is installed successfully.
I follow that and no license terms appear.
Thanks for any help.