This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 8.1. Update Disk

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I tried to download Windows 8.1 today but had to give up as it was chewing up all my data. The download requires a hefty 3.6GB to download and, with a slow connection, it is simply not viable to download. The cost would be astronomical. Does anyone know where I can get a Windows 8.1. update disk?
@MikeSA, I can sympathise… I have broadband, but the speed is fairly slow by modern standards..at around (download) 1.5-1.8 MB/sec (and that's on a good day at a good time!) So it will take me around 5 or 6 hours or so just to download, and that's without the actual install procedure, and assuming of course that the connection does not drop out…. If you are on narrow band or anything much slower than mine, then it may be worthwhile parceling up your computer and its "bits" and seeing if a chum with a faster Internet connection will allow you to do the installation there using his/her connection. I have a chum who has a 16Mb/sec Internet connection and it took him just over 2 hours to do the whole download and install…. I have been trying to track down an .iso from Microsoft but so far without any luck…(only the Preview seems to be available, at the moment, by.iso) When doing the installation its important that all necessary Win 8 updates are downloaded and installed before commencing the 8.1 upgrading…( a little bit extra time may be needed for this….and then as an added bounus my chum reports that he had to install a further 16 updates to the Win 8.1 upgrade once the installation had completed…. Regards paws
An .iso is now available for the upgrade of Win 8 to Win 8.1.
It only applies to an upgrade and the Win 8 product serial key is needed for the original Win 8 installation, other than that it seems to be relatively straightforward….although I haven't tested it yest myself!
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-…s-8-product-key

Important note This is not a method of circumventing paying for a licence to use the product… you must have a valid install of Win 8 on your computer and a valid licence product key for it.
I tried that yesterday. Doesn't work if you've already updated to 8.1, says the key is not valid. I have two keys and it won't accept either one. Only one of the Windows 8 keys has been upgraded to 8.1. I can probably get the Windows 8 Pro X64 ISO from my Desktop as I will never upgrade that one, it does not have the necessary hardware support. What I want is the Windows 8 Pro X86 ISO that matches what I have installed on my Toshiba Laptop.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI