This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Creator

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have installation media for Windows 10. Do I have to create another disk or USB drive for this Creator update for a clean install?
My old media installation disc was .wim. Will this new one be .WIM or.ESD?
I wpuld like to get the latter if possible.
Will I have to download .ESD with this tool and convert to .WIM after to use the DISM commands?
Now I will just update and image.
Thanks for any tips.

Rich

I downloaded the tool which took about 8 minutes.

I then installed creator, checked it out, & set restore point etc .

 

I will delete .old via system files and make an Image with Macrium.

 

I appreciate the help.

Peter

I updated to Creator.

I noticed Defender was taking about 15 seconds to open.

I chatted with MS and after DISM and SFC it appeared better but not spontaneous.

He wanted me to pay and when I balked he initiated system restore.

I will run Defender when it is done then run SFC a couple of times then DISM if necessary.

Any thoughts?

 

PS apparently the icon on my task bar was an old one; I removed it and pinned one there from Windows Defender Security Center and all is working.

It was after a few hours or fixing what MS chat messed up and luckily removing it to try the one from 'all apps'.

I hope my situation is of help to the next person.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI