This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

ps2 and usb stopped working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I unplugged a USB drive when suddenly the PC powered off and when I booted it again neither USB nor ps2 ports was working.but the front usb ports seems to be working having said that now I'm stuck with (press F1) screen I tried the following to solve the problem with no success
I used a USB keyboard on the front USB port but it's not working I cleared the bios to reset it to default but didn't work too
if there's any way to solve this please help
I am using ECS motherboard model p4m890t-m v2.0
1G ram
everything else working good (hard diskpwscd drive)
I have been using it for 5 years

Might not work… but give this a try.

 

  • Shut the computer down
  • Unplug the power cord
  • Hold your power on button for at least 20 seconds
  • Plug cord back in
  • Try to restart system

It's a long shot but things might "wake up".

 

Let us know what happens.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI