This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Bluetooth adapter choice for laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

 

I have a HP model 15-F305DX laptop with, Windows 10 and no Bluetooth. I currently use an external speaker via the USB port. It is often hard to hear the audio over running water, blenders or the smoke alarm.

 

I’ve been looking into getting a wireless headset to use for my audio while bounging the kitchen but everything seemd to require bluetooth.

 

I did find the possibility of using a Bluetooth USB adapters but there are so many brands and versions my head is spinning.

 

I’m looking for a few recommendations on an adapter. The 30 foot range would be fine for my needs and I’d really like to be in the $15 range if possible, preferring  to put more money towards quality earphones or wireless speakers.

 

Thanks a bundle for any help.

Denise

Hi denisemn,
 
It looks like no one on the forum here who has seen your post has posted a reply, so I I'll do my best to help as far as I can.
 
Its perfectly possible to buy wireless headphones that will enable you to listen to music etc in private, and you don't need to use Bluetooth.
 
Wireless Headphones are available in the UK starting from around £20 GBP or so…say around $30 or so USD and knowing that things are often cheaper in the USA it might be wise to take a look in your local supermarket…… a small dongle/transmitter fits in a USB slot and sends the signal to the headphones and away you go.
 
As an alternative you could invest from £10 or so or around $15 in a pair of external speakers that simply plug into the audio socket on your laptop….. this will have a huge effect on the volume and quality of sound that is available and be strong enough to fill your whole kitchen with your favourite music etc.
 
Here's a link for more info on this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Speakers-to-Your-Laptop

Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI