This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Which router to get

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an HP Printer and a Toshiba Windows 8 laptop. I presently have the linksys E1200. It keeps blocking the printer to the computer. Someone said this router was not compatible with windows 8. I am looking for a new router that would not do this. The HP tech said netgear WNR2000 would be a good one, but Amazon doesn't give it good reviews. I am not looking to spend any more money than I have to,but I hate losing the connection all the time. I also have a Nexus 7 tablet and it interferes with that also. I just happened to see an ad for this one - Securifi Almond - World's 1st Touch Screen Wireless N Router + Range Extender (Booster). It's about $80, didn't really want to spend that much though Does anyone have any suggestions of which router will work consistently and not too expensive? Thanks.

It keeps blocking the printer to the computer. Someone said this router was not compatible with windows 8.

no idea who told you that your router wasn't "compatible" with win 8, but i think they were talking rubbish.

can you explain a bit more about how, what happens when it is blocking the printer to the computer, because in my honest opinion i don't think you need a new router at all.

but I hate losing the connection all the time

does distance from the router play a part in this loss of connection?

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI