This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I Can't Open My E-mails

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

You didn't give us much to go on.

 

What browser, what OS.

When did it last work.

Did you add or remove any programs or software around the time it stopped working?

Have you tried with a different browser, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome?

I'm sorry, it is Google Chrome and Windows 8.1. I think it worked some days ago. I have had some trouble with anti-virus programs; I couldn't complete installations of AVG and Norton, and Windows Defender didn't work either, but suddenly Windows Defender started working. Hotmail works on Internet Explorer. I also have some trouble with Facebook on Google Chrome, but it's fine on Internet Explorer. On Google Chrome I can't open chats in the bigger chat-window, only separately, and sometimes I can't get it to play videos.

Obvious solution is to get rid of Google Chrome and use IE or Firefox. If you prefer Chrome try resetting it.
 
Reset Chrome browser settings
 
If that doesn't help then uninstall it, reboot then download and install the latest version. See if that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI