This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I can't get into my Hotmail!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I can't get into my Hotmail email account! [AKA Outlook]
It says i'm putting in the wrong password, so i get a code sent to my Yahoo email account. I put the code in, it accepts it. Then it asks me to choose a new password, but every time i put in a password & press "next" it says i've typed in my old password.
So i can't even change my password!
The same problem happens on my computer & mobile.
I don't know what to do or who to contact about this.

Well, I have to ask the obvious - when it tells you to enter a "new" password, are you absolutely sure it is not a password you have used before?

 

Many sites remember the previous passwords you used and will not let you reuse them. This keeps users from cycling through the same few passwords over and over again - a very unsafe practice. 

 

I suggest using a password generator to create and select a truly random password consisting of upper and lower case letters, numerals, and special characters and see what happens. If still no luck, you probably will have to contact Outlook support. 

i suggest to follow the password choosing criteria, like character , case sensitive. If still you getting same , then you have to contact Outlook Support team.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI