Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cookie error message

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mls703er

mls703er

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

I can't open my email in my Windows Live Hotmail account. A yellow box above the inbox says my cookies are not enabled. My internet setting show the cookies are enabled. I have been thru the checks for infection and malware. All show my computer is clean. I was sent to your site because they say it is a tech problem and you all are the experts.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi mls703er, welcome to WhatTheTech.

Read through this thread, see if any of the fixes there help: How to allow cookies for Windows Live ID

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 mls703er

mls703er

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:53 AM

I have tried the reset, deleting the listed sites, listing the sites, Windows Live Help. None of these have worked.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

What browser are you using, Internet Explorer 8 or 9?

If so, try FireFox and see if the same problem occurs. That will tell us if it/s a broiwser specific problem or a Vista problem.

Rich

#5 mls703er

mls703er

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

I am using IE8, I was using IE9 but uninstalled it to see if that might be the problem. The error box was not there but the mail still would not open on the FireFox.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

What anti-virus software are you using? Try disabling it just to test. What about a firewall? Are you using something other than the built-in firewall? Are you using any other anti-virus/anti-spyware programs?

Rich

#7 mls703er

mls703er

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

I am using CA Security Suite. I have tried disabling the security and the firewall, it still didn't work. The firewall is part of the suite. I only use CA Security Suite.

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Let me see if any of the other techs here have any ideas. I'm not a WLM user so not very familiar with it.

Rich

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

One suggestion I received may work for you:

It appears that the last updates to Hotmail have triggered a rash of new problems for users. Issues seen after the new Hotmail release and suggested workarounds details some of them. The last post is the most likely to help - try accessing via HTTPS:

Rich

#10 mls703er

mls703er

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

The last post about the HTTPS worked. When this first start I went to Hotmail support and they never said there were reported problems or mentioned any of these fixes. I want to thank you for all of your help. Next time I have a problem I will come here first.

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Cudos go to patndoris who suggested this. Sure glad it's working for you now. They'll fix it eventually.

Rich

#12 mls703er

mls703er

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Thanks to patndoris! So long until the next time.

#13 seologix

seologix

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

you reset our email password

#14 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

you reset our email password ?????

Care to elaborate a bit?

Rich