This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cookie error message

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I can't open my email in my Windows Live Hotmail account. A yellow box above the inbox says my cookies are not enabled. My internet setting show the cookies are enabled. I have been thru the checks for infection and malware. All show my computer is clean. I was sent to your site because they say it is a tech problem and you all are the experts.
What browser are you using, Internet Explorer 8 or 9?

If so, try FireFox and see if the same problem occurs. That will tell us if it/s a broiwser specific problem or a Vista problem.
I am using IE8, I was using IE9 but uninstalled it to see if that might be the problem. The error box was not there but the mail still would not open on the FireFox.
What anti-virus software are you using? Try disabling it just to test. What about a firewall? Are you using something other than the built-in firewall? Are you using any other anti-virus/anti-spyware programs?
I am using CA Security Suite. I have tried disabling the security and the firewall, it still didn't work. The firewall is part of the suite. I only use CA Security Suite.
The last post about the HTTPS worked. When this first start I went to Hotmail support and they never said there were reported problems or mentioned any of these fixes. I want to thank you for all of your help. Next time I have a problem I will come here first.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI