Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 netlearner

netlearner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

hi i am using hotmail and have a problem,every time i go to hotmail it asks for my name and password even if i click on save name and password,can you help please,its a pain to have to go through this every time ..thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem with your sign on details not being saved (Hotmail)

If you are using a "Cleaner" Application or deleting your cookies then this often causes this.

Here's a link that should provide you with all the details;
http://forums.techgu...y-password.html
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 netlearner

netlearner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

thanks for your reply,i have just noticed that if i go into my email from my laptop my address and password are always saved,so i need to look at my pc,i dont have a cleaner only avg free anti spyware,and anti virus.....also i have just realised that none of my passwords or user names are being saved,i have to type them in every time,hopefully this might mean that you have come across this problem before.thank you

Edited by netlearner, 29 October 2007 - 01:58 PM.

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

The following is just a comment, and not a solution to your question.

Because of today's environment of malware attacks, it is not such a good idea to allow your browser to save log-on and password information.
I realize it is a convenience, and you may believe that you have no concerns about your hotmail account in spite of this comment. Your choice.

If you decide to correct the "problem" and allow your IE to save log-on and password, here is the Microsoft KB article that describes the steps to do so.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306895

Best Regards

Edited by Doug, 29 October 2007 - 02:08 PM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.