This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems uploading photos from iPhone 5 to PC

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

 

I have a problem with uploading photos from my friends iPhone to my laptop (ASUS PC). I connect with the proper USB cable, but the phone simply doesn't come up anywhere. The phone goes the normal "Trust this computer?" to which I confirm - and then nothing more happens, neither on the phone nor the computer. If I go in iCloud, I see that I have started a session with this iPhone, but no options to import photos or anything.

 

Hope you've got some advice

 

Jens

Hi Jens,

I see that there have been no replies to your topic ( so far) so although I do not use an Iphone5, my search engine came up with the following :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4461559

 

if you look at post 3 and 5 from Haptic it seems to be a logical approach that should work if both Iphone and laptop are working and connected properly.

 

Let us know how you get on and if this does the trick for you.

Regards

paws

That's right, it should simply work. ..the irritating thing is, that it doesn't, cause the computer doesn't seem to see the phone. I have now done it via another pc - no probs. Maybe some hickup with Windows 10, I seriously don't know

 

Thanks anyway

Jens

I actually did that about a month ago, when the whole Windows loading packed up completely - and I was lucky, that once I got the chance to get in there - so, unfortunately no. The refresh is actually a reinstall, isn't it?

 

I went into Settings and there is a place, where you allow devices such as phones. Maybe I'll try that, although you'd somehow expect the system to present that option automitacilly..

 

Jens

Hi Jens
Yep, you are right ..a "Refresh" reloads Windows but keeps your docs photos etc.,

Quote
I went into Settings and there is a place, where you allow devices such as phones. Maybe I'll try that, although you'd somehow expect the system to present that option automitacilly..End Quote

 

You may be right, but the combination of Win 10 and Iphone5….. can do some very strange things!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI